We would like to reassure you that we are adhering to the CDC Guidelines as the health and well being of our students, their families, and our staff are our top priority. We will continue to monitor and implement the local, state, and federal recommendations as they are announced.
We will be teaching outside on portable studio dance floor as weather permits.
We take pride in our facility and how it operates and would like to highlight the policies we have in place at the studio to help our dance families stay healthy and have a safe reopening on September 5, 2020.
Prevention Steps when entering/exiting the Studio:
- ALL students must exit first before new students may enter the building in between classes.
- Every class will be “touch-less entry;” a teacher will open the front doors when students are welcomed into the building; this will signal that all students from the previous class exited the building and that we are ready for the next wave of classes to begin.
- While students are waiting for classes to start, please wait in cars until called in, parents must remain in cars, dancers with classes back to back will wait in the studio between classes.
- Parents with dancers in preschool or younger in a non-competitive class will be allowed in the building, if wearing a mask. Please practice social distancing while in the waiting area.
- Students ages 3 and up, please wear a mask while entering/exiting the building.
- Dancers need to arrive in proper dance attire and avoid wearing any extra layers of clothing, bring dance bags with necessary dance shoes only. There will be designated areas for each class to set their bags.
- Bathroom breaks only in emergency situations, one at a time, sanitize in between classes.
- Please bring a bottle of water labeled with your dancer’s name on it. Water will not be provided.
- Sanitizer: We have sanitizer in each studio, the bathrooms as well as at the stageside and we encourage you to utilize it frequently. All students will be required to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Hand washing: We encourage frequent hand washing.
- Discouraging close contact: We have adjusted certain aspects of our classes to ensure dancers are not in too close of proximity.
We will not be giving hugs or hi-fives and are asking dancers to skip those as well.
- Surface Cleaning: Between every class, we will wipe down frequently touched surfaces and equipment
- Deep Cleaning: We are deep cleaning the studio every night after the last class.
- P2P Staff: Only staff feeling well (without symptoms) will be in the studio.
- The use of masks: Staff is always required to wear masks in the studio.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
*If your child has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, the child should remain home.
*If your child is waiting for his/her COVID test result, he/she should remain home.
- Please do not bring toys, food, or any unnecessary items from home.
- If your child has a sore throat or other signs of illness, like a cough, diarrhea, severe headache, vomiting, body aches, shortness of breath/breathing difficulty or newly developed loss of taste or smell, do not send your child to the studio.
- Encourage your child to cough and sneeze into their arm not in their hand.
- Alert us if your child does have COVID-19 and have been to the studio within the last 14 days so we can contact their peers.
IF SOMEONE TESTS POSITIVE
Our goal is to take a balanced and thoughtful approach that serves our students, faculty, and business.
Below outlines how we plan to address confirmed cases to protect you and our community.
Should we experience a confirmed case of COVID-19 and the dancer/employee was in the location within the past 14 days, we will:
- Require the following information:
- Date of first known symptoms (if applicable)
- Date of test taken
- P2P Dance will notify those dancers/staff from 3 days prior to onset of symptoms or the time of test taken via email within 24 hours. We will respect the privacy of the infected individual.
- Require the infected individual to refrain from the studio for 14 days, or until cleared by their doctor and are symptom-free.